• State control over compliance with the requirements of standards, pharmacopoeia articles, technical conditions, technological regulations, veterinary and sanitary rules;
• Control over fulfillment of international agreements of Ukraine due to the provision of the quality of veterinary medicinal products, development of control methods;
• Standardization of veterinary medicinal products, coordination of normative documentation on serial release, ratification of normative documentation on experimental batches of veterinary medicinal products and feed additives;
• Certification of veterinary medicinal products, raw material and products of animal origin, production test of veterinary medicinal products, accreditation of experimental laboratories of quality control of veterinary medicinal products and feed additives;
• Expertise of scientific developments, samples of normative documentation and other materials for domestic and foreign veterinary medicinal products;
• Approbation and conduct of state trials of domestic and foreign medicinal products which are registered in Ukraine;
• Trials of veterinary medicinal products for studying their efficacy and safety based on scientific experimental laboratory, basic and other economies;
• Revelation of MRL of veterinary medicinal products and toxicants in raw material, products of animal origin, fodders and feed additives;
• Scientific and economic relations with foreign institutes, companies and institutions in the sphere of control, standardization, certification, joint developments, production, approbation and realization of veterinary medicinal products and feed additives.
SCIVP, as main organization in the sphere of standardization and certification, conducts organization and quality control of veterinary medicinal products on all stages, namely: development, implementation, production, storage, transportation, application. The certification of production plays a big role in complex measures aimed at providing high quality of veterinary medicinal products and feed additives. The main task of certification lies in achieving safety and efficacy of veterinary medicinal products. In Ukraine relevant normative law basis is created for conducting the certification of production for veterinary medicine and animal husbandry. Almost all documents, concerning veterinary medicinal products and feed additives, are developed by scientists of our Institute, ratified at appropriate level and regulated in “Order of certification of animal protective means, fodders and feed additives in Ukraine”. Our Institute is in charge of coordination of organization and conduct of certification tests. The trial centre was created on the basis of our Institute that works in the sphere of certification of animal protective means. There is also Technical Committee 132 called “Animal protective means, fodders and feed additives” in our Institute that was created due to the decree № 185 of 16th of April, 1999, of State Committee of Ukraine in the sphere of standardization, metrology and certification. The Institute is defined by national reference-centre in the sphere of monitoring and determination of MRL of veterinary medicinal products in raw material and finished products of animal husbandry.
The collaborators of SCIVP conducted an expertise and ratified 1143 sets of scientific-technical documentation on domestic veterinary medicinal products on the stages of development and implementation and also on the stage of expertise they conducted state trials of 1243 foreign veterinary medicinal products, feed additives and fodders for unproductive animals. The collaborators of the Institute annually conduct 40-90 state control examinations of quality of veterinary medicinal products on different stages, carry out selective control of 150-400 series of veterinary medicinal products that gives an opportunity to provide their high quality, and different kinds of examinations of 35-40 companies that aim at providing the favourable conditions for production and realization of veterinary medicinal products and feed additives. The Institute participates in international certification in the sphere of examinations of production of foreign companies for the right to receive certificate on products registered in Ukraine.