Laboratory chief, Candidate of Veterinary Sciences
Tел. (032) 252-92-07
Main tasks of pharmacology and toxicology laboratory are improvement of maintenance methods, examination of action efficacy and development of new methods for studying of veterinary medicinal products and feed additives quality aiming at marketing in Ukraine of highly-effective antimicrobials, anthelmintics, anti-inflammatory and immune active products without mutagenic and side effects.
In vivarium all the conditions concerning keeping, feeding, conducting of tests are provided according to international ecological requirements, control over execution of rules of humane treatment of poultry, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice. Aiming at reduced usage of laboratory and farming animals, alternative methods of toxicological experiments are developed and implemented, they aim at usage of infusoria, guppies, bees, drosophilas, culture cells of different tissues, buccal epithelium of guinea pigs by using modern equipments and conducting of new physiological tests.
Functions of laboratory:
- Determination of conditions of test conducting using laboratory and farming animals;
- Determination of acute toxicity;
- Detection of cumulative peculiarities;
- Determination of side effects;
- Studying of chronic toxicity;
- Detection of distant consequences;
- Studying of acute and subacute toxicity of veterinary medicinal products, feeds and feed additives using farming animals;
- Alternative control methods of toxicological tests;
- Examination of quality and biological action of chemo medicinal products in induced experiments;
- Preparation and conducting of preclinical and clinical tests;
- Control over execution of rules of humane treatment of animals;