Zhyla Mykola Ivanovych
Laboratory chief, Candidate of Veterinary Sciences.
Тел. (032) 231-63-63
The laboratory includes two sectors:
•Sector of immunotoxicology – head of sector – Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Piatnychko O.M.
•Sector of morphological tests – head of sector – Candidate of Veterinary Sciences, Shchebentovs’ka O.M.
Immunomorphology laboratory belongs to Trial Center of State Scientific Research Control Institute of Veterinary Medicinal Products and Feed Additives, is accredited and registered in Register of certification systems according to the requirements of DSTU ISO/IEC 17025:2006 (ISO/IEC 17025:2005). One of the main tasks of laboratory is conducting of tests on examination of veterinary medicinal products and feed additives influence on morphofunctional condition of immune system organs and whole organism.
Functions of laboratory:
- Complex evaluation of new veterinary medicinal products influence on animal and poultry organism according to immunological, hematological, biochemical and pathomorphological indices at the stages of preclinical and clinical trails;
- Exercising of immunotoxicological control over new veterinary medicinal products;
- Exercising of quality control of natural and synthetic immune modulators, tissue medicinal products and improvement of their control methods;
- Development of new schemes and methods of immune modulators application taking into account morphofunctional condition of animal and poultry immune system;
- State control over production, storage and realization of veterinary medicinal products;
- Expert evaluation of normative documents on veterinary medicinal products due to the observance of requirements of current legislation;
- Development and harmonization of control methods of efficacy of veterinary medicinal products according to indices of immune and antioxidant system;
- •Determination of functional condition of poultry and animal organism according to hematological, immunological, biochemical and histological indices;
- Training of experts of control and production laboratories of veterinary medicine, scientific collaborators, post-graduates of scientific research and educational institutions due to quality control methods of veterinary medicinal products and their effective application;
- Consulting assistance on quality control of meat and meat products by microstructural method and pathomorphological diagnostics of animal and poultry disease.
Laboratory work is based on modern and classical hematological, pathomorphological, histological, histochemical, immunological and biochemical test methods. Collaborators of laboratory improve and develop new methods of complex evaluation of efficacy of veterinary medicinal products under immunological and biochemical parameters, including condition of oxidation of lipids and antioxidant protection of animal and poultry organism at the stages of preclinical and clinical trials. The laboratory standardizes classical immune histochemical and biochemical micro-methods that are implemented into practice for control over toxicity of veterinary medicinal products of different pharmacological groups.
The main direction of activity of sector of morphological tests is control over meat and meat products quality by means of microstructural method that helps to determine tissue and organ composition, analyze raw material quality of different types of meat products and also forcemeat. It was proposed to use this method in Ukraine as one of main and perspective one that can help exercise control of manufacture technology of meat products, determine components of forcemeat, detect microbial pollution, not valuable additives and reused raw material and determine falsification of product.
Hematological tests: determination of blood hemoglobin, erythrocyte count, hematocrit determination, determination of erythrocyte sedimentation rate, leukocyte count, counting of leukogram formulae.
Biochemical tests: blood serum total protein, albumin in blood serum, protein fractions of the blood serum, creatinine in blood serum, urine of blood serum, determination of total cholesterol in blood serum, calcium in blood serum, phosphorus in blood serum, aspartate aminotransferase of blood serum, alanine aminotransferase of blood serum, alkaline phosphatase of blood serum.
Histological tests: hematoxylin and eosin stain, Van Gieson’s stain.
Histochemical tests (on request): individual detection of DNA and RNA by means of methyl green and pyronin mixture, alkaline phosphatase, detection of nucleic acids by Einarson, staining of myelin fibers by Weigert, detection of total lipids by McManus, PAS reaction.